Friends of Boggs Mountain is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization formed to enhance the visitor’s experience in the forest through educational, interpretive, and recreational programs, help in development of facilities, and assist with maintenance and infrastructure improvements at Boggs Mountain Demonstration State Forest (BMDSF). The organization cooperates with BMDSF management and the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) to meet those objectives.
Click here for the history of Boggs Mountain, a 3,500-acre forest.
The Forest is located on Highway 175 near the town of Cobb. Click here for Google Map.
FOBM activities include:
- UPDATING, improving, and financing the forest trail maps
- DEVELOPING and maintaining a self-guided interpretive nature trail
- CREATING over 50 detailed interpretive trail signs with illustrations
- OFFERING nature outings for all fitness levels through our hiking program
- MAINTAINING and improving over 22 miles of trails
- ADDING and replacing signs along all designated forest trails
- MAINTAINING and updating information posted on kiosks
- SPONSORING free outdoor programs with guest speakers
- PROVIDING quarterly newsletters
- WORKING TOGETHER with all forest users to foster trail etiquette, courtesy, and care of Boggs trails
The Board of Directors meets quarterly in the Cobb area. Interested members of the public are invited to attend and volunteer.
Please know that the Friends of Boggs Mountain (FOBM) is open to all suggestions on how best to protect, enjoy and give back to this fascinating and complex 3,433-acre demonstration state forest. It is our intent to lay the groundwork now, so that as future recreational use of the forest expands, and the impacts increase, we will know we are doing all we can to protect the beauty and integrity of what we so enjoy today.
Since we are a 501(c)3 non-profit, any donations that you send are tax-deductible (Tax ID: 56-2309457). Donations are always gratefully accepted. Please use our membership form to send a monetary donation. You may send donations to: Friends of Boggs Mountain, PO Box 735, Cobb, CA 95426. Thank you for your support!
If you would like donate your time or talents, please contact us for volunteer opportunities.